Tommy Lee has been working in the music industry since 1979. He is best known as one of the founders of the American heavy metal band Mötley Crüe and as the founder of the rock band Methods of Mayhem.
Lee joined Mötley Crüe on January 17, 1981, and has helped the band produce and sell more than 100 million records. Lee is not only a phenomenal musician but also a veteran drummer, songwriter, producer, reality star, and DJ.
Tommy Lee’s Bio
Tommy Lee was named Thomas Lee Bass by his parents after he was born on October 2, 1962, in Athens, Greece. His mother – Vassilikki “Voula” Papadimitriou – was a former Miss World contestant, while his father – David Lee Thomas Bass – served as a sergeant in the U.S. Army.
Tommy grew up in California together with his younger sister Athena Lee, who is also a drummer. Athena is said to have played in the solo pop-punk band of her ex-husband, KrunK.
His Wife, Girlfriend, Kids
Tommy Lee is as popular for his robust career as he is for the stormy relationships he has had with women. The musician has been married three times and is currently engaged to his fiancée.
Lee’s first attempt at marriage was to Elaine Margaret Starchuk, a popular model. The duo entered into marriage on November 24, 1984, and divorced one year later. The following year he married Dynasty star Heather Locklear, but their marriage only lasted seven years.
After his divorce from the actress, Locklear Tommy continued his search for the right woman. Later, in 1995, he came in contact with the popular Playboy playmate Pamela Anderson and married her three days after their first meeting. Their union was blessed with two lovely sons named Dylan Jagger and Brandon Thomas. The former was born on December 29, 1997, and the latter was born on June 5, 1996.
Lee and Pamela were separated in 1998, got back together, and finally went their separate ways in 2001. The couple later reconciled after some time but dissolved their relationship in 2008. Later it was reported that Pamela and Lee have reconciled again and lived peacefully with their children in their villa. The two finally separated for good shortly after their reunion and have never been seen together since.
The controversial drummer was also associated with Sofia Toufa, whom he met in 2010. The duo got engaged in February 2014, but later broke up their relationship.
Tommy Lee is currently dating internet sensation Brittany Furlan. The couple’s engagement, which the musician shares, took place on February 14, 2018. For now, the couple has yet to reveal how long they have known each other and where they met.
Brittany Jayne Furlan, born Brittany, Brittany Jayne Furlan, in Perkasie, Pennsylvania, in the United States, welcomed Lee’s fiancée to the world on September 5, 1986. She is famous for her roles on Vine and for being the most followed female star on the internet platform until her retirement in November 2015.
Other Facts You Need To Know About The Singer
1. Tommy Lee’s third wife, Anderson, hit the headlines in 1995 for putting on a bikini on her wedding day.
2. A few months after the musician married his third wife, the sex tape was stolen from her house while the couple was on vacation. This led Pamela to sue the company that distributed the video, but later reached an agreement with them.
3. Lee was once arrested for physically assaulting his wife in front of their sons. He was later released after a while.
4. His first two marriages did not produce children.
5. At some point in 2001, a case of negligence was brought against the musician after a four-year-old boy drowned in his swimming pool during his son’s birthday party.
6. Lee is said to have physically fought with American singer/songwriter Kid Rock at the MTV Video Awards.
7. In October 1999, while in North Carolina, he was arrested by police for inciting a riot at a 1997 concert at the Greensboro Coliseum.
8. His musical idols as a teenager were Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Van Halen, Sweet, Kiss, and Cheap Trick, while his main percussion idols are Terry Bozzio, John Bonham, Alex Van Halen, and Tommy Aldridge.
9. Tommy Lee’s first drum was presented to him when he was four years old. However, he got his first drum set as a teenager.
10. He is of Welsh descent.