Matt Gutman was born on 5 December 1977. He is a reporter currently working for ABC News. Matt Gutman is from Westfield, New Jersey.
Matt Gutman was born the son of parents Paul Gutman and Sharon Gutman. Matt attended high school at Newark Academy, where he excelled as a scholar and athlete in football. He was very popular with his fellow students, obviously because of his ability to juggle sports and academics.
After high school, Matt moved to Williams College, where he graduated in 2000. Although he was already a great football player in high school, Gutman soon realized that the football dream went up in smoke and he decided to switch to television. He got his first significant job as a television presenter when he was hired by ABC News in 2008. He made his mark on his employers as a versatile presenter and appeared quite frequently on various platforms and in various television programs.
He was given much more influence and responsibility in 2014 when he was hired by the very talented and experienced Sam Champion to take over the moderation duties for Sea Rescue. The TV show is currently a weekly television series in the USA. Apart from being hired by ABC in 2008, the 39-year-old has been in the industry since graduating in 2000. It is such a rarity that such a reporter brings a lot of flairs and attracts a huge audience across the country and beyond.
ABC considers Matt to be one of its best reporters, and it has been reported that he became a favorite among television network executives when he successfully and knowledgeably covered the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill. This 2010 report helped put him on the map. One of his more recent notable reports includes The Dangerous Journey of Mexican Migrants, a documentary that tells of the often dangerous journey made by immigrants to reach the United States.
Matt also interviewed several teenage doctors accused of fraud. He recently won an Emmy Award for his presentation of the program Sea Rescue.
Is Matt Gutman Gay?
It’s not unusual for certain sections of the public to classify any good-looking celebrity as gay. But if you analyze the facts, you’ll find there’s not a single shred of evidence to support the claim. So I think it’s safe to say that Matt Gutman is 100% straight.
Is he Married and who is his Wife?
The TV presenter is currently married and is very concerned about keeping his wife’s identity away from his social media followers. His wife has been tagged with pictures on his Instagram account, and although Matt is doing his best to hide the wife’s name, it has been reported that she has an account on Instagram under the name Daphida and is named Daphna below the info bar. Her marriage is blessed with two lovely children – a boy and a girl. The names of his children are not yet known in public.
Facts About Matt Guttman
1. Before moving to Los Angeles, where he currently resides, Matt lived in Maimi for a long time.
2. His team at ABC News was awarded a prize by the National Association of Black Journalists. This prize was awarded for their thorough and objective coverage of the Trayvon Martin shooting.
3. It is in the nature of his work that Matt Guttman is a widely traveled man. During his journalistic career at ABC, he has reported from more than 40 different countries.
4. Guttman has a track record of reporting in less comfortable regions, as evidenced by his work as a reporter based in Jerusalem over a period of 7 years. He briefly reported on important events in the often volatile region of the Middle East.
5. In 2010, Matt Gutman hit the headlines for his coverage of the Gulf oil spill and the attempts by oil giants BP to play down the environmental and economic impact of the oil spill.
6. Among the programs, Gutman covered as Senior National Correspondent for ABC News was World News Tonight with David Muir, Good Morning America, Nightline, and 20/20.
7. His net worth is reportedly in the region of $1 million.