Ludacris is an American rapper, film actor, CEO, and founder of Disturbing Tha Peace records. He is also a father, husband, restaurateur, and philanthropist. Do you want to know who his wife is, how many children he has, his wealth, age, and other quick facts about the famous rapper? Then read on…
Ludacris Bio, Age
The rapper was born on September 11, 1977, as Christopher Brian Bridges, the son of Wayne Brian Bridges and Roberta Shield. He was born in Champaign, Illinois, as his parents’ only child. Perhaps this explains his bond with both of them, even after they went their separate ways. He is African-American and also has a certain Indian heritage. Ludacris attended a handful of high schools. He began his education at Emerson Middle School in Oak Park before transferring to Oak Park & River Forest High School for a year. He also attended Centreville High School for a year and then Banneker High School in Atlanta, Georgia, where he graduated in 1995. In 1998 Ludacris went to Georgia State University and enrolled in a one-year music management program. He graduated in 1999.
After moving to Atlanta with his mother after his father’s divorce from his mother, he got more musical contact. Although he started rapping at age nine, his move to Atlanta at age twelve gave him the opportunity to join a rap group called Loudmouth Hooligans. Ludacris interned at Hot 107.9 (formerly Hot 97.5) in Atlanta, where he later worked as a DJ before recording his first album, Incognegro, in 1998.
How Much Is His Net Worth?
Ludacris’ net worth results not only from his music but also from his roles in blockbuster movies and endorsements. The rapper has released eight studio albums to date. His debut album Back for the First Time (Incognegro) was released in 2000, and it was a breakthrough when the album went 3x platinum and 1x gold. His other works include Word of Mouf (2001), Chicken-n-Beer (2003), The Red Light District (2004), Release Therapy (2006), Theater of the Mind (2008), Battle of the Sexes (2010) and Ludaversal (2015). He is currently working on a ninth album, so check out the room. He has made 88 music videos (and participated in 88 music videos). He’s also starred in so many TV shows and movies, including the Fast and Furious franchise. In 2018 he was ranked as one of the richest rappers in the world, his net worth is estimated at $31 million.
Who Are Ludacris’ Wife & Kids?
Ludacris is married to the Gabonese model Eudoxie Mbouguiengue. The two lovebirds have been together since 2009. Ludacris has proposed to his 5-year-old sweetheart on the show. It was on a trip to Costa Rica, and Ludacris had Eudoxie look down on a field with the message “Eudoxie, will you marry me”. Eudoxie said she was overwhelmed and would later describe it on Instagram as the best day of her life with the love of her life. She said yes, and they were married on the same day, December 26, 2014.
Eudoxie Mbouguiengue-Bridges is a role model and is also at the forefront of women’s advocacy with her non-profit organization Unspoken Angels. The organization is committed to supporting victims of abuse, especially young women, and her passion to pursue this agenda stems from her ugly experiences growing up in Gabon. They welcomed their only child so far – a daughter they called Cadence Gaëlle Bridges – into 2015.
Before his wife, Ludacris had been involved with other women. In August 2001 he had a daughter – Karma Bridges – with a lady whose name is not known but who was a lawyer from Atlanta. He also had another daughter with Tamika Fuller in 2013 when he was dating Eudoxie. Her name was Cai Bella Bridges.
Quick Facts About Ludacris – Height, Pals
- Ludacris was given the nickname “Little Entertainer” while he was growing up.
- His current stage name “Ludacris” is coined from his birth name “Christopher” and the word “Ludicrous”.
- Ludacris worked as a DJ in Atlanta before the fame.
- He was known to wear long cornrow braids but ditched it for a low cut hairstyle in 2006.
- His cousin, Richard Pryor, is a prominent comedian in the US.
- Ludacris loves comedy and he is best pals with Kevin Hart, Larenz Tate, Usher Raymond, and Rick Ross.
- He got married the same day he proposed to his then-girlfriend, Eudoxie Mbouguiyengue on the air (in a plane, actually).
- He has three daughters. Karma, Cai Bella (before marriage), and Cadence Gaëlle Bridges.
- A lover of exotic cars but he still sticks to Acura Legend (1992 model).
- He was dropped by Pepsi after Bill O’Reilly of the “The O’Reilly Factor” called on Americans to boycott the brand for their association with Ludacris.
- He has a height of 5ft 8in and weighs 73kg.
- He is the CEO of Disturbing Tha Peace Records.
- He has acted in movies more than he has featured in songs recently.