Ann Serrano Lopez is not only a very beautiful woman, but also a very talented American actress, writer, and producer. While there are many who know her as such, there are others who simply know her as the former wife of American comedian and actor George Lopez.
Ann Serrano Biography
It was on December 18, 1960, in Hartford, Connecticut, when the actress was born as Ann Marie Serrano to Cuban immigrant parents, both of whom worked in the medical field. Her childhood is hardly known, and although she has achieved much for herself in the meantime, she is usually referred to as the ex-wife of George Lopez.
Anne Serrano is an actress and television producer as well as an activist dedicated to charity and awareness-raising. Together with her then-husband, she organized a kidney screening in 2009, which focused on uninsured individuals. This was done not only because of the history of their illness but also to give something back to society during the economic problems of the time.
She revealed that she was working on starting her talk show as early as 2013, but it has not yet been realized. As an actress, the woman appeared in a few films in which she played smaller roles. These films include Curb Your Enthusiasm (2000) and Arrested Development (2003). In 2002 she also appeared in the television series George Lopez. In 2003 she was again seen in Life with Bonnie.
Married, Kids, Family, and Divorce
In 1993 Ann Serrano married George Lopez. They married after a meeting in May 1990 at The Ice House. The two stayed together until 2011 when they decided that they would have to separate due to irreconcilable differences. So they decided to divorce.
Before the marriage ended, Ann and George, who was abandoned by his parents when he was a child and raised by his grandmother who was a vicious woman, had only one daughter between them, born in 1995 and named Mayan Lopez. Just like her parents, Mayan is also an actress. She appeared in Mr. Troop Man’s (2009), Handsome: A Netflix Mystery Movie (2017), and her latest work is Kill Her! Mata La! (2018).
Shortly before the 17-year-old marriage broke up, the comedian’s kidneys failed due to a genetic disease that almost always kept him ill from 1998 to 2005. It was his wife, Ann Serrano, who donated one of her kidneys to him, and according to him, for many years after waking up he had never felt as good as he does now.
Although they were completely divorced in June 2011, the battle over the division of their assets lasted until 2012, when the court ruled that Ann should receive up to half of her husband’s pension benefits and other entitlements. Today, as George Lopez pointed out, he and Ann are in a very good position. Perhaps an important factor is precisely the fact that they have a child together.
Quick Facts About Ann Serrano
1. She is a daughter of immigrants who came to the United States from Cuba
2. Ann was married to George Lopez for 17 years before getting a final divorce in 2011.
3. At the time of their divorce, they had a daughter who was 16 years old at the time.
4. Both Ann and her comedic ex-husband have stayed away from any public relations since their divorce, and both are still unmarried.
5. The beautiful woman, her ex-husband, and her daughter Mayan Lopez are all actors.
6. In 2008, her mother lost a kidney the same way as her husband. At that time, her mother was 76 years old and she began to complain about fatigue, which she thought was a consequence of old age.
7. during their campaigns, Ann and her ex advised people to live a healthy life by taking lots of water, doing sports, and avoiding certain untested medications.
8. Although her net worth is still being tested, her ex-husband’s net worth was estimated at $35 million. From his retirement, the value of which has not been disclosed, Ann will have half of it, according to the court, after the two will divorce in 2012.